1. These General terms and conditions for e-shop (below „GTC“) are valid and effective from 1st December 2014 and they are related to closure all purchase contracts between company SHADLE Ltd., Company ID: 52 123 731, Identification Number VAT: SK2120902344 , headquartered Nábrežná 4648/27, Nové Zámky, ZIP Code 940 02 registered in Commercial register of District court Nitra, section: Ltd., insert number 47227/N.
(below „Seller“) and the customer (below „Buyer“) realized in connection with or based on the purchase of goods from the Seller’s offer published via the Internet store at address https://shadle.eu (below „e-shop“) and are an integral part of any purchase agreement concluded between the Seller and the Buyer (below „Purchase contract“), unless the parties have expressly agreed to a derogation.
2. These GTCs shall also be used appropriately to conclude all sales contracts between Seller and Buyer realized through or with a use of a telephone. The rate for using the phone when communicating with the Seller in connection with the conclusion of a Purchase Contract according to GTC will be announced to the Buyer at the beginning of each call, otherwise it will be calculated by the base rate.
3. Further contact details of the Seller are as follows: telephone number: +421 918 022 181, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: https://shadle.eu
4. The wording of these GTCs may be amended or unilaterally modified by the Seller. Any changes or additions are effective by their publication on the site https://shadle.eu. This regulation does not affect rights and obligations arising prior to the effect of amendments or additions.
5. The GTC as well as all documents related to the conclusion of a purchase contract are prepared in the Slovak language. The purchase contract can be concluded in the Slovak language.
6. Personal collection of goods takes place at the premises of Komoča 19.
7. The supervisory authority supervising the seller is: Slovak Business Inspection (SBI), Inspectorate SBI for Nitra region, Staničná 9, P.O. Box 49A, 950 50 Nitra 1, Supervising department, telephone number: 037/7720 001.
Buyer who is a consumer and his rights
1. For the purposes of these GTC, the consumer is considered to be the Buyer.
(a) Buyer, when commencing business relations, passes to the Seller his contact details and information necessary for the trouble-free ordering of the order or the details he wants to have on the purchase documents; and to the extent of the requirements and adjustments contained in these GTC.
(b) Legal relationships of the Seller with the Buyer expressly not governed by these GTC are governed by the relevant provisions of Act no. 40/1964 of Codex of Civil Code as amended and Act no. 250/2007 Codex about customer protection and on amending the Act of the Slovak National Council no. 372/1990 of Codex about offenses in the wording of later regulations as well as related regulations.
2. These GTC shall not apply to legal relationships in which the customer is not a consumer.
3. Buyer is aware that by acquiring goods that are in the Seller’s business offer within the meaning of these GBTC, there are no rights to use the registered trademarks, trademarks, trade names, business names, corporate logos or patents of the Seller, its suppliers or other entities.
The order of products
1. Buyer orders the Seller’s products and services through the merchant system at https://shadle.eu in writing: via e-mail (including orders and emails sent via e-shop forms). Buyer and Seller communications related to the conclusion of a purchase contract and the delivery of the goods may also be via the phone, however decisive are the data stated in the written e-mail form. The Seller is bound by his offer, including the price on the day the offer is published on the e-shop site operated by Seller if there is no shorter time or other indication for a particular offer. Buyer’s Purchase Order as a manifestation of the will to enter into a purchase contract as well as the contractual relationship of a concluded Purchase Contract shall be assessed in accordance with Act no. 102/2014 of Codex about consumer protection in the sale of goods or the provision of services on the basis of a contract concluded at a distance or a contract concluded out of the seller’s premises and the amendment of certain laws and with respect to Act no. 22/2004 of Codex about e-commerce and about the amendment to Act no. 128/2002 of Codex about state control of the internal market in consumer protection matters and about amendments and supplements to certain acts, as amended by Act no. 284/2002 of Codex as amended.
2. For each order, the Buyer will give his name and surname, phone number and e-mail address and delivery address if he does not pick up the goods directly on the premises – Komoča 19. Next, the Buyer shall indicate the name of the goods, the description of the goods, the mode of transport. An order duly completed and made through an e-commerce order fulfills these conditions automatically. E-mail order made outside the e-shop form (if it contains all required data) the Seller will record by what the order is deemed to be delivered. On the specification of such an order, the data stated in the orders will be in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act no. 122/2013 of Codex, used in the context of a business relationship between the Seller and the Buyer, to the extent and for the purposes stated in these GTCs, and will not be given to a third party (except for the persons providing their processing, ordering, transporting goods and eventual claims of goods).
3. Upon delivery of the order to the Seller, an order will be registered in the system of Seller and to the Buyer will be without undue delay send an e-mail message confirming delivery of the order with the order summary and the order number.
4. In the event of an order being canceled, the provisions of these GTCs for withdrawal are applied. The order can be canceled not only by written form (fax, e-mail), delivery of a written cancellation with the order text to the Seller, but also by phone. Confirmation of cancellation is communicated by the Seller to the Buyer in writing to one of the contacts listed in the order. Written form is required due to a proof of cancellation document for the Seller and stopping order processing.
5. An order made by the Buyer in accordance with these GTCs is an order which includes the Buyer’s obligation to pay the purchase price.
Conclusion of a purchase contract
1. E-shop contains a offer of products that the Seller offers for sale. Each offer of a particular item also includes its designation, a product description, an indication of the price without VAT, and the final price of the product in EUR with VAT.
2. For the avoidance of doubt is valid that if the subject of the offer of the Seller are a services or similar transactions (especially the agreed product modifications), the provisions of these GTCs relating to the adjustment of the sale of goods shall apply adequately, unless it is not expressly provided otherwise.
3. The Buyer puts in the basket the selected goods, which is part of the current offer of the e-shop (next to the goods is a button “Basket” on the web site of the e-shop). After completing the order form, selecting the mode of transport for these goods, the Buyer is informed with the final purchase price of the purchase, which includes the sum of the prices for the selected goods placed in the basket and the shipping charges. Before the order is confirmed, it is possible for the Buyer to check and change the order, ie. in particular, change the contents of the basket or correct any data regarding the quantity of the ordered goods, the delivery data. By submitting this order representing a payment order, the Buyer will execute the irrevocable offer to the Seller for the conclusion of the purchase contract.
4. The Seller after delivery of the order will promptly confirm to the Buyer her delivery by e-mail, to the e-mail address given by the Buyer in the order form of the e-shop.
5. The Seller will review the delivered order with regard to the filled data, the Buyer’s person and the availability of the goods and will begin handling the order. He will send the Buyer an email about the method of payment, if a non-cash transfer to the account is agreed – the account number for which the Buyer is required to pay the purchase price. At the moment the goods are ready for transportation and / or delivery, the Seller shall send the Buyer an email about the delivery date or the personal delivery period (below „information e-mail about delivery“).
6. Sending an order confirmation email to accept the proposal and conclude a purchase agreement between the Seller and the Buyer. By concluding a purchase contract, the Seller will be obliged to deliver the thing to the Buyer in accordance with the order and the Buyer will be obliged to pay the agreed purchase price for these goods and related services.
7. The Buyer notes that the Seller is not obliged to conclude a purchase agreement with a Buyer, especially if it is a person who has previously violated the Purchase Agreement or these GTC t or has violated good morals in relation to the Seller. The Seller reserves the right not to deliver the selected goods to the Buyer, especially in case that after sending an order things were sold, or for objective reasons, it is not possible to deliver the goods under the terms agreed in the order or in term of delivery. The Seller commits to return the sum already paid to the Buyer.
8. By signing the Purchase Contract, the Buyer agrees to these GTC and declares that he has had the opportunity to become aware of these GTCs prior to the conclusion of the Contract.
9. The Buyer agrees to use remote means of communication when concluding a purchase contract. Costs incurred to Buyer using remote means of communication in connection with the conclusion of a purchase contract are borne and reimbursed by the Buyer.
Terms of payment
1. When orders of the Buyer, which is realized via e-shop, the price of the goods is decisive at the time of sending a duly completed order. Otherwise the decisive price is stated in the e-shop at the moment of delivery of the order to the Seller. The price of the goods is in euros. The price and payment for delivery, other services and any additional fees under these GTCs are not included in the price of the goods and are charged separately, while together with the price of the product constitute the total final price, which constitutes the purchase price in accordance with these GTCs. The purchase price does not include the bank service charges charged by the bank under a special contractual relationship with the Buyer.
2. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties and the e-shop allows such payment at the time of sending the order, the Buyer will choose one of the payment methods specified in the order form of the e-shop and will pay the agreed price within the time limit specified in these GTC for the selected payment method, unless it was not specifically agreed otherwise. The following payment methods can be found in e-shop:
(a) in cash, payment at the premises of Komoča 19, Komoča for the personal subscription of goods,
(b) in cash, payment at the Buyer’s premises, if agreed,
(c) non-cash, transfer to Seller’s account, which will be sent through an e-mail.
3. In the case of cash payment for personal picking / delivery of goods, the purchase price is payable upon receipt of the goods.
4. In the case of payment by cashless transfer, in payment of the purchase price the Buyer is obliged to enter the variable symbol of payment provided by the Seller; The variable symbol is the order number. In the case of a non-cash payment, the Buyer’s obligation to pay the purchase price or the advance payment is fulfilled at the moment of assigning the entire amount of the order to the Seller’s account.
5. Buyer acquires ownership of the goods by paying the entire purchase price.
Terms of Delivery
1. The Seller undertakes to deliver the goods to the Buyer within 14 days from the conclusion of the purchase contract. The Buyer notes that the delivery date given in the e-shop user interface is only indicative and as such it is properly marked in the e-shop user interface.
2. The Buyer is obliged to choose the way of delivering the goods when making the order, in the range of the current possibilities stated in the e-shop at the moment of making the order. Seller and Buyer by this way agree a place to pick up or delivery the goods. If the parties do not expressly agree about this place or in the e-shop it will not be possible to choose the way of delivery of the goods, or in case of doubt, the delivery of the goods will be implemented in accordance with the procedure of this article, section 2. letter a) these GTCs.
(a) Personal offtake in Seller’s branch store: In e-shop the Buyer can choose an offtake in branch store Komoča 19, Komoča, where the Buyer will take over the goods. The products will be ready for pick-up and take-over at the address of the Seller, at the time specified by the Seller in the information e-mail about delivery. If the duration and / or end of the pickup period is not specified or in case of doubt, the pickup period is 7 calendar days from the moment of booking. The Seller may provide the Buyer with an additional pickup period, about which he will inform the Buyer by e-mail. If the Buyer does not pick up the goods within the pickup period or the additional pickup period (if granted), the Seller is entitled to withdraw from the purchase contract. The Seller will ensure that the ordered goods are in the designated store of the Seller during the booking, and the Buyer is entitled to pick it up during the opening hours of this store. Upon expiration of the pickup period or the additional pickup period, the Seller is not bound by any reservation or ordering the goods. If the Buyer who has paid for the goods by cashless transfer does not take over the goods within the pickup period, the Seller shall be entitled to charge the Buyer the costs of the storage of goods of 2 € per day starting on the first day after the expiration period stipulated in this paragraph of the GTC, if no other period was agreed between the parties.
(b) Delivery to the place designated by the Buyer at the „delivery address“: About the time of delivery of the goods to the place specified by the Buyer, the Seller will inform the Buyer at the dispatch by sending an information email about delivery indicating the delivery date. If the Buyer does not take over the goods at the specified time and place, the Seller is entitled to charge the Buyer for the cost of transporting the goods to their place of destination and returning them to the Seller’s registered place or store. The Seller may re-deliver the goods. If the goods are not taken over for reasons on the Buyer’s side, the Seller is entitled to withdraw from the purchase contract. Upon the expiration of the purchase contract, Seller is entitled to charge the Buyer all the costs associated with delivery and re-delivery and the costs associated with storing the goods at the amount determined in accordance with Article VI. section 2. letter a) these GTCs, from the day following the first mistransmission. For the avoidance of any doubt, is valid that the price for delivering the goods to the place specified by the Buyer is not included in the price of the goods unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
3. The Seller is obliged to deliver to the Buyer goods which are in conformity with the purchase contract, mainly without defects, i.e. having the required quality as on the website photo and according to a product description.
Acceptance of the goods
1. The Buyer undertakes to take over the goods at the time specified in the delivery information e-mail and at the address given in the order as the delivery address. If the Buyer has selected a personal subscription in the shop, the goods will be taken over in business place of – Komoča 19, Komoča.
2. When picking up goods, the Buyer checks the physical integrity and completeness of the consignment. If the consignment is visibly damaged and / or destroyed, the Buyer shall immediately contact the Seller and with the shipping company he will draw up „Registration of damage to the consignment“.
3. Buyer acquires ownership of the goods up to the payment of full purchase price to the Seller, including all cash amounts agreed in the distance contract. The payment is considered to be a cash payment or an assignment to the Seller’s account. If there is a situation, that property law from Seller to the Buyer (who has the goods in holding) has not yet been transferred (the Buyer has not paid the full purchase price), the Buyer has all the obligations of the bailee of goods and is obliged to safely store the goods at his own expense and to identify them that way, so it is identifiable in any circumstances as the Seller’s goods.
4. The Seller is entitled to demand fulfillment of the obligations, in particular the payment of the purchase price for the goods, regardless of the fact that the ownership of the goods and services has not yet been transferred to the Buyer.
5. The risk of damage to the goods passes to the Buyer at the moment of take over the goods by the Buyer or his authorized representative.
Liability for defects and warranty (Complaint Procedure)
1. The Seller is responsible to the Buyer that marketed products have the required quality, quantity, and are free of defects. By agreement with the purchase contract it is understood that the marketed products have the quality and properties stated by the Seller.
2. The parties have agreed that the warranty period for the goods is 24 months with the exceptions provided by the relevant legislation. The buyer may claim the complaining in business place of – Komoča 19, Komoča. The Buyer shall prove the origin of the goods by submitting an invoice or purchase contract. The warranty period begins to run from the takeover of the Buyer.
(a) Removable defect: In the event of a defect that can be remedied, the Buyer has the right for defect to be removed free of charge, in a timely and proper manner, and the Seller shall remove the defect without undue delay. If this is not disproportionate to the nature of the defect, the Buyer may request the exchange of the goods, or if the defect relates only to parts of the goods, the replacement of that part. If such a procedure is not possible (as determined by the Seller), Buyer may request a reasonable discount on the price of the goods. Complaining, including removal of defects, will be provided without undue delay, but no later than within thirty days. Upon expiry of this period, the Buyer has the same rights as if it were a defect that can not be eliminated.
(b) Unremovable defect: In the case of a defect that can not be removed and which prevents the goods from being properly used as a defectless thing, the Buyer has the right to exchange the product or has the right to withdraw from the purchase contract. The same rights apply to the Buyer if the defects can be remedied but the Buyer can not properly use the goods for recurring defects after repair (i.e. if after repair the same defect, which has been repaired at least twice in the warranty period, appear the third time), or for a large number of defects occurring at one and the same time.
3. The Buyer is obliged to view the goods immediately after it has been taken over. If a mechanical damage to the product packaging is found, the Buyer is required to check the condition of the product and, in the event of damage, make a record of damage in the presence of the carrier. If the Buyer finds incomplete delivery or mechanical damage to the product in the undamaged packaging, it is necessary to report this fact immediately after take over the consignment. Later complaints of this nature will not be accepted with respect to carrier’s complaint conditions. In the case if the buyer finds obvious defects or missing parts when unpacking the product, he / she is not entitled to treat with defective product in any way until the complaint is resolved. The Seller is not responsible for the consequences caused by the delay in delivery or loss of the consignment caused by the carrier, or by unforeseeable and inconquerable obstacle.
4. The warranty period is prolonged by the time the thing was in warranty reparation, means the time period from takeover of the goods for legitimate complaint, until the time period when to the Buyer has been sent appeal for takeover the product from warranty reparation. In the event of product replacement, the Buyer acquires a 24-month guarantee for new merchandise.
5. The warranty does not apply to damage caused by natural or excessive mechanical wear, pollution of the product or its parts due to neglect of maintenance, use under conditions that do not correspond to its temperature, dustiness, humidity; chemical and mechanical effects of the environment in which goods are commonly used. The warranty also does not apply to damage caused as a result of natural disaster, caused by violent damage, weather conditions.
6. Together with the goods, the accounting document will be delivered to the Buyer – a VAT invoice. Unless the warranty card will not be delivered together with the goods, it is replaced by an invoice or sales receipt from the cashier.
Protection of personal data and sending of business notifications
1. Buyer provides the Seller with the consent to the processing of his or her personal data (name, surname, address, contact email, telephone connection) for the purpose of their use and further processing for the reason of the fulfillment of the Seller’s contractual obligations. For the purpose of Seller’s offer of goods and services (Newsletter), the Buyer will provide special approval. The Seller processes the personal data during the period in which he / she will develop his / her business. This personal data will be collected, processed and stored in accordance with applicable legal regulations of the Slovak Republic, especially in accordance with Act no. 122/2013 of Codex about the protection of personal data as amended. The Seller has a basic security file for the protection of personal data and his client information system is registered with the Office for Personal Data Protection.
2. Buyer’s personal information will not be given to another person as a transfer company without his consent. The transfer company will not be informed of the content of the transported consignment. The Seller will ensure the protection of personal data against misuse.
3. For detailed information under The Personal Data Protection Act, please see HERE.
4. GDPR protection of personal data in the EU
Each the client by placing an order in our e-shop www.shadle.eu or communication with the employees of the company, the PURCHASE of the SHADLE Ltd., agrees with the processing personal data under the conditions privacy GDPR in the european union and the company, the PURCHASE of the SHADLE Ltd., is committed to the protection of these personal data of the client under the terms of the GDPR in the european union.
Withdrawal from the purchase contract
1. Upon withdrawal, the Buyer shall bear the cost of returning the goods to the Seller or the person authorized by the Seller for the takeover of the goods. In case of withdrawal from the contract concluded under these GTC, the Buyer also bears the cost of returning the goods, which due to its nature can not be returned via post office.
2. The buyer is entitled without giving reasons to withdraw from the contract within 14 days of taking over the goods. If, within this time, the Buyer withdraws due to defects in the goods, it is appropriate to state this fact in the withdrawal. Withdrawal of the contract must be made in writing (by fax, e-mail, letter), except for the withdrawal from the purchase contract concluded verbally, when any unambiguous declaration stating the willingness to withdraw from the purchase contract is sufficient. Withdrawal must include all data used to identify the Goods, the Buyer and the Seller, and must, in the case of submission by written letter, be given within the aforementioned time limit for postal delivery to the address of the place of residence at the expense and liability of the Buyer in the case that the delivered goods at all qualitative points is fully operational. The withdrawal period is deemed to be maintained if the notice of withdrawal has been sent to the Seller at the latest on the last day of the withdrawal period of the purchase contract under these GTC. Buyer is obliged to return the goods to the Seller within 14 days of the date of withdrawal from the contract, by sending the goods back to the Seller or by handing it over to the Seller or the person by him authorized to take delivery of the goods. The due-time for returning the goods to the Seller is considered to be preserved if the goods were handed over for transportation at the latest on the last day of the due-time.
3. The product must not be damaged, used in any way other than what is necessary to ascertain its nature, properties and functionality, it must be with the original packaging and, together with the product the Buyer must transmit all documents relating to the product concerned (warranty card, acquisition document, etc.), which he received during his purchase.
4. The Seller shall take the goods back and within 14 days from the date of delivery of the withdrawal, the purchase price paid for the goods or service or advance paid by the Buyer for the goods or service shall be returned back to the Buyer in the same manner as the Buyer used for his payment or by other in advance agreed way. However, the Seller is not obliged to fulfill his obligation under this paragraph 3 of Article X. of these GTC before the goods are delivered to him by the Buyer. At the same time, Seller is not obliged to reimburse the Buyer for additional costs if the Buyer has explicitly opted for a different form of delivery, such as the cheapest common delivery method for the goods offered by the Seller.
5. The Buyer cannot withdraw from a distance contract in the following cases:
(a) In the case of a contract which subject matter is the provision of a service, when the service has begun to be provided with the explicit consent of the Buyer and the Buyer has declared that he has been duly instructed that by expression of consent he loses the right to withdraw from the contract after the full provision of the service, if the full provision of the service happened.
(b) In the case of a contract which subject matter is the sale of goods or the provision of services, the price of which depends on the movement of prices on the financial market which the seller can not influence and which may occur during lapsing the due-time for the withdrawal of the contract,
(c) In the case of a contract which subject matter is sale of goods manufactured according to the specific requirements of the Buyer, custom-made goods or goods specifically intended for one Buyer,
(d) In the case of a contract which subject matter is sale of goods contained in a protective packaging, which is unsuitable for return for health or hygiene reasons and whose packaging has been damaged after delivery,
If, based on the contract concluded within the meaning of these GTC, it is to begin providing the service before the expiration of the withdrawal period or, if Buyer so requests, the Buyer by granting consent with the start of providing the service before the expiration of the withdrawal period, loses the right to withdraw from the contract. By signing a contract within the meaning of these GTC, the Buyer declares that he has been advised of the above-mentioned circumstances during which he loses the right to withdraw from the contract.
6. The Seller reserves the right to cancel the order and also the right to withdraw from the contract or part there of, if:
(a) the goods are sold out
(b) the cost of the raw material supplier has changed.
Delivery and correspondence
1. Unless otherwise agreed, all correspondence relating to the purchase contract must be delivered to the other party in written form, by electronic mail, in person or by registered post through postal service provider (at the option of the sender). The particular method and form of delivery defined in the individual provisions of these GTCs takes precedence over this general arrangement mentioned above.
2. The contact details of the Seller are as follows: address for delivery – TPV Servis s.r.o., Komoča 19, 941 21 Komoča, tel. Number – +421918 022 181, e-mail address – email@example.com.
Basic information provided prior to the conclusion of the contract
The company SHADLE Ltd., Company ID: 52 123 731, headquartered Nábrežná 4648/27, Nové Zámky, ZIP Code 940 02, registered in Commercial register of District court Nitra, section: Ltd., insert number 47227/N (below „Seller“), as an Internet shop operator www.mcfitness.eu (below „e-shop“) hereby provides its customers, who are consumers according to Act no. 250/2007 of Codex about Consumer Protection and on Amending the Act of the Slovak National Council no. 372/1990 of Codex about Offenses as amended (below „Buyer“), prior to the conclusion of a distance contract under Act no. 102/2014 of Codex about consumer protection in the sale of goods or the provision of services on the basis of a distance contract or a contract concluded outside of the seller’s premises and the amendment of certain laws (below “Act no. 102/2014”) the following information pursuant to § 3 par. 1 of the Act concerned:
1. The main features of the merchandise are listed on the e-shop page, when describing and specifying the goods in a single item’s view. The specification of the goods is at the same time in an order made under the Seller’s GTC (below “GTC”).
2. The Seller is the company TPV Servis Ltd., which operates an e-shop.
3. Contact details of the Seller are listed in Article XI. GTC.
4. Complaints, complaints or other complaints may be lodged at the address of the Seller.
5. All information about Buyer’s right to withdraw from the contract is set forth in Article X. GTC.
6. The Seller hereby provides the Buyer with a withdrawal form that can be used to withdraw from the contract. The withdrawal form can be viewed HERE.
7. The Seller hereby informs the Buyer that if the Buyer withdraws from a contract concluded in accordance with these GBTC, he will bear the cost of returning the goods to the Seller in accordance with the provisions of § 10 par. 3, first sentence, of Act no. 102/2014 of Codex, According to which, under termination of the contract, the consumer bears the cost of returning the goods to the Seller or the person authorized by the Seller to take over the goods, as well as the cost of returning the goods, which by its nature can not be returned via post.
8. The Buyer shall not be entitled to withdraw from the contract in the cases referred to in Article X., section 4 GTC.
9. Informations about Seller’s liability for defects in goods is provided in Article VIII. GTC.
10. The Seller is not bound by any code of conduct.
11. By the conclusion of the purchase contract, the Buyer is obliged to take over the ordered goods in accordance with the agreed delivery terms and the obligation to pay for the ordered goods and ordered related services the agreed purchase price within the maturity period.
12. The Buyer will be obliged to pay a reasonable deposit to the Buyer’s Purchase Price only on the basis of a special agreement and under conditions that the Seller and Buyer will specifically agree upon.
1. The Seller reserves the right to change the price. When the price is changed, the Seller will contact the Buyer. The Buyer has the right to cancel the order at such adjusted prices, to withdraw from the contract.
2. The Buyer declares that he has become acquainted and agrees with these GTCs and Complaints Regulations before completing or dispatching the order.
(a) Notwithstanding the other provisions of these GTC and the terms of the Purchase Contract, the Seller does not correspond to the Buyer for lost profits, loss of opportunity or any other indirect or consequential losses due to negligence, breach of the purchase contract or damage and loss otherwise incurred.
(b) These GTCs have been formulated and established in good faith, in order to meet the legal conditions and adjustments of the correct engagement relationships between the Seller and the Buyer. If the competent control authorities decide that some of the provisions of these GBCs are invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity and enforceability of the other provisions and the remaining parts of the relevant clause of these GTCs remain unaffected.
(c) Consumers’ rights in relation to the Seller arising from Act No. 250/2007 of Codex about Consumer Protection and on Amending the Act of the Slovak National Council no. 372/1990 of Codex about offenses as amended and Act no. 102/2014 of Codex about the protection of the consumer in the sale of goods or the provision of services on the basis of a distance contract or a contract concluded outside the premises of the seller and the amendment and amendment of certain laws, these GTC remain unaffected.
(d) The legal relations and conditions here expressly unadjusted, as well as any disputes arising from non-compliance with these GTCs, are governed by the relevant provisions of the Civil Code.
3. Seller and Buyer have agreed that they fully accept remote communication – telephone, fax (including handwritten orders), electronic form of communication, in particular via e-mail and the Internet, as valid and binding on both parties.
These GTCs will enter into force and effect on 01.12.2014.
Last updated 25.5.2018